Promising Smart Cloud Infrastructure in 2020
Article by Karan Kirpalani
- Filed under:
- Cloud Computing
Low-power scalable smart clouds hold a great promise in 2020. Smart cloud is the fifth wave of IT architecture and will rule the IT space in a decade to come. However, when it comes to deploying smart cloud solutions, there are number of challenges faced by the early adopters of cloud today which needs to be addressed effectively to cash on the boom and make most of the growth opportunity.
Nascent adopters of cloud technologies can easily predict that the cloud will be larger, interlinked with other CSPs and many business services will run on cloud, the software created will also be large and much more. Apart from these presumptions, the technical challenges which are all pervasive in nature impacting IT industry as a whole go unnoticed by CIOs.
In simple words, working on cloud would involve both hardware constraints and software failures. How organizations deal with these failures in workings is more important that the components or platforms available to be readily deployed that will accelerate the pace of operations. Considering the types of failures the cloud service providers are required to deal with, it makes some sense to look at how supercomputing works and how learnings from the supercomputing can be incorporated into cloud to create a smart cloud infrastructure.
Social + Mobile + Analytics + Research + Technology (SMART) cloud is the new enterprise IT model for growing businesses today. SMART cloud has revolutionized the way businesses work by enabling a new IT model wherein customers can connect and collaborate in real-time to deliver more productive results. Social mobile analytics and research add a whole new dimension to workings on cloud while broadening horizons of work. Each function on SMART cloud works towards complementing the other and thus all process together integrate and work in tandem to contribute to the overall growth of the enterprise.
By 2020, it is estimated that as many as 100 billion devices connected to the web will be managing large amount of data on the smart cloud architecture. To cite an example, as you scale up the number of cores so do you increase the chances of hardware and software failures dramatically. Pooling resources from various supercomputers across the region to develop new system capable of dealing with high-end computation by addressing minute-to-minute failures in hardware and software, has led emergence and evolution of smart cloud computing model.
Benefits of Smart Cloud
- Smart cloud computing environment is highly stable, secure and enables sharing and managing of large proprietary information without capital expenses and inflexibility that is common to intranet solutions
- Smart client clouds are a merger of the desktop and internet to represent a next major wave in computing platforms
- Deployment of custom smart cloud solutions offer Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for agility in businesses by inexpensively re-provisioning bandwidth infrastructure resources as needed.
- With smart cloud solutions, you can reduce costs by converting CAPEX to OPEX that can be continually adjusted to reflect usage.
- Smart cloud architecture can help evaluate your cloud computing needs, integrate various applications into a single solution and select the most appropriate suppliers.
- Growing data storage demands coupled with shrinking budgets exert pressure on the IT managers, hence deployment of smart cloud technologies can help ease the burden by delivering storage services effectively, and save on both time and costs.
- SMART cloud facilitates instantaneous access and management of an exponential volume of data of all types with unlimited flexibility and scalability through abstraction of resources
- SMART cloud offers a stack environment designed specifically for data centric workloads and optimized effectively for software designed environments.
Implementation of SMART cloud technology solutions will undoubtedly have a multiplying effect on businesses to increase productivity of the organization. SMART cloud deployment is eroding the century old blueprint of business workings and spawning a new highly distributed virtualized business model in IT.
With the changing demands and customer preferences, it is time for enterprises to rule out the yesteryears context enterprise IT model and embrace the next wave of Corporate IT, which brings along a mutually reinforcing, compounding and well integrated SMART cloud infrastructure to boost profitability and increase revenues.