Apps System Administrator
Job Designation: Applications Engineer - L2
Reporting To: COE Head
Work Shift: Rotating
- Incident Management.
- Coordinating with Developers, DBAs & vendors for quick resolution of problems.
- Application Maintenance & Stability.
- Advanced Application Monitoring.
- Analyzing heap dumps, PMAT etc.. using tools & isolating problems within the various application components.
- Application Deployment & Automation.
- Fine Tuning & Performance Management of Applications based on - Tomcat, Websphere AS, Apache, JBoss, etc..
- Carry out technology upgrades & migrations of applications across multiple platforms.
- Assist in Capacity Planning.
- Provide RCAs for critical & recurring incidents.
- Release Management.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly and effectively.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Hands on experience on any of the OS like Redhat, Windows 2003, HP-UX etc.
- Working knowledge of at least of the middleware applications – JBOSS AS/ Websphere AS / Weblogic AS / Tomcat
- Should be well versed with one or more web servers - Apache, IIS, Iplanet, IBM HTTP etc..
- Strong background on Linux / Unix platforms preferred.
- Knowledge of shell/perl scripting.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of APM tools like CA Wily Introscope, IBM Tivoli etc..
- Development background & experience in Java would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Enterprise level tools in Identity management, Portal Management would be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge on any of the database systems – DB2, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc.. preferred.
Typical Years of Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- BE or Diploma in IT
- Engineering Graduate certified on any of the Application servers
- LPI or RHCE or Solaris certified
- Self driven and motivated to achieve success
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Assertive in communication
- Process Oriented