Assistant Manager - Service Operations
Job Designation: Assistant Manager - Service Operations
Department: Global Service Delivery
Reporting To: Program Manager
Work Shift: Rotation
- Ensuring high quality, consistent technical Customer Support ensuring that these Support Services meet (or exceed) their internally and externally prescribed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Implement and maintain “Best Practice” (ITIL) technology and processes to ensure high customer satisfaction and good technical outcomes.
- Hands-on experience in performing 2nd level remote fault analysis and troubleshooting
- Function as single points of contact for infrastructure needs of datacenter managed services
- Experience in handling Complex issues and Excellent Product Knowledge
- Carry out the troubleshooting on Linux OS/Windows/Network and applications
- Ensure monitoring infrastructure 24 X 7.
- Hands on experience on monitoring and Infrastructure management tools
- Coordinate with different teams geographically.
- Management of employees in the customer service team, publishing rosters, KPI measurement.
- Actively be part of resolution process for any fault / performance issues
- Responsible for executing SOP related activities
- Ensuring that the processes and procedures involving all company services are kept up to date, and are being followed appropriately.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders and the team to carefully plan, design and deploy with continual improvements to service quality.
- Co-coordinating for driving the uptime of the various client projects being managed.
- Raise and also technically update the tickets in ticketing system for all the issues handled / worked upon.
- Apply patches to the OS / applications or upgrade the applications as and when required, as per the approval from the respective Customer Team.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Keep track of capacity and security aspects and analyze it in light of the business requirements of customers and proactively ensures scalability and optimal use of existing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Internet Protocol Suite and layers
- Advanced experience with DNS, LDAP, NTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH
- Knowledge in storage technologies and RAID
- Knowledge in performance tuning and capacity planning
- System management through scripting, automation and policies
- Support and plan system backups and data recovery strategies
- Basic network knowledge and fundamentals
- On-call rotation for after hours support and scheduled maintenance
- Prior supervisory experience is a must
- Project coordination experience required
- Able to adapt to quick requirements change and produce fast solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to adhere to policies & procedures.
- Knowledge on monitoring & ticketing tools
- MIS reporting
- Conflict Management
- Analytical skills
- Problem Solving ability
Mandatory Technical Skills:
For Windows TL
- Windows Administration preferably Windows 2K3, 2K8, 2K12
- Knowledge of SQL 2K8, 2K12 installation, database creation, backup
- Hands on experience on AD, Exchange, DNS, IIS, Antivirus
- Must be ITIL &MCSE certified
For Network TL
- Must have experience on CISCO devices
- Must have experience on LAN & WAN
- Knowledge on Checkpoint Firewall
- Must be ITIL &CCNA certified
For Linux TL
- Profiles having Linux experience in IT industry.
- Hands-on experience in performing 3rd level remote fault analysis and troubleshooting
- Must be ITIL &RHCE certified.
Typical Years of Experience:
- 6-10 years
- Any Graduation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve success
- Team Player
- Assertive in communication
- Experience in managing international customers