Job Designation: Monitoring Engineer
Work Shift: Rotation
- Will Work in a 24 X 7 Environment (NOC).
- Will support the customer over email as well as phone.
- Will be responsible for the uptime of the various client projects being managed / monitored.
- Will report to the team Manager.
- Will make sure that the tickets raised per shift are closed in the required time limits and if not escalated as per the escalation matrix defined.
- Raise and also update the tickets in CRM for all the issues handled / worked upon.
- Will have to report the daily issues handled / escalated in the form of daily shift reports.
- Need to make sure that issues are handled in right time frames as per the SLA / commitments.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Interaction with the clients worldwide via phone, email, etc
- Exposure to trouble ticketing processes and handover processes
Desired Technical Skills:
- Should be good at documenting the nature of the problems
- Follow a proper escalation chart and matrix given
- Should be able to implement innovative ideas for daily operations
- Experience in working on any monitoring software such as Nagios, etc
- Basic understanding of technologies running at the Data Centre Operations / Internet Data Centre or with any ISP (preferred) or with hosting service providers
- Basic knowledge on Mail Servers, DNS, and Web servers (preferred)
- Basic knowledge on Network Components (preferred)
- Understanding of concepts such as operating systems, CPU, disk / memory utilization etc
- Graduate of any stream. Diploma or relevant course in Electronics / Computers etc.
- IT Tech / Process certification.
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve success
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Competitive Salary with Perks for right candidate with overall Organization career growth.
- Very good oral and written communication skills needed
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and should be a very good team member
- Very confident and should have the ability to handle various situations
- Should have the knowledge of understanding customers problems