Senior Engineer - Service Operations
Job Designation: Senior Engineer - Service Operations
Reporting To: Team Leader - COE
Work Shift: Rotational
- Carry out proactive and reactive administration on Storage (HP,Hitachi,EMC any two ) along with Brocade switches or Cisco MDS switches must and Backup technologies (VERITAS Netback up or Tivoli Storage manager).
- Responsible for mentoring L1 resources.
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively.
- Ability to understand Business requirements and translate them into technology solutions.
- Ownership of Infrastructure and responsible for service uptime / availability
- Hands on experience and ability to do Root cause analysis, Problem & Capacity Management
- Inclination towards emerging technologies
- Ensure adherence to process
- Prepare SOPs and Operational Runbooks
- Provide technical support to Sales Engineering team
- Provide effective training
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Hands on experience on any of Storage and backups.
- Hands on experience on zoning, hard zoning soft zoning.
- Hands on experience on creating LUNs, storage group, implementation of new SAN.
- Good understanding of firmware upgrades and day to day SAN and Backup issues.
- In-depth working knowledge of any SAN, backups.
- Working knowledge on any hardware like HP/Sun/IBM/Dell and corresponding tools like EMC Navisphere, Unisphere , Hitachi.
- Storage Navigator, HP StorageWorks Command View EVA, etc.
- Good working Knowledge on SAN topologies, RAID, NAS and SAN.
- Good understanding of Storage (SAN \ NAS).
- Prior experience in any of these industry (Datacenter, ISP, Service provider).
Desired Technical Skills:
- Familiar with Storage, backups concepts
- Good understanding of Internet applications
Typical Years of Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Engineering Graduate
- Self driven and motivated to achieve success
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Assertive in communication