Window Engineer - L2
Job Designation: Sr. System Engineer
Reporting To: Team Leader
Work Shift: Rotation
- Excellent communication written and verbal.
- Windows Administration preferably Windows 2K3, 2K8.
- Knowledge of SQL 2K8, 2K12 installation, database creation, backup.
- Hands on experience on DNS, IIS, Antivirus.
- Carry out the advance level of troubleshooting on Windows OS and applications.
- Work in a 24 X 7 Environment (NOC).
- Extend technical support the Clients over email, Portal and phone.
- Responsible for the uptime of the various client projects being managed / monitored.
- Ensure that the tickets raised per shift are closed as per SLA and if not escalate as per the escalation Matrix defined.
- Raise and also technically update the tickets in ticketing system for all the issues handled / worked upon.
- Shift report generation on daily issues handled / escalated in the form of Daily reports.
- Work on the change request and new Installations.
- Apply patches to the OS or upgrade OS as and when required, as per the approval from the respective Team Leaders.
- Experience on Symantec NetBackup.
- Monitoring & Management of Backup Application.
- Ensure earlier resolution to the issues to meet SLA.
- Following up with Vendors & Partners – hardware & software whenever required & resolve issues by minimizing downtimes.
- Customer related sundry activities.
- Creation of Knowledge base.
- Awareness of OS related securities.
- Help project team in commissioning of new customer and change request.
- Self development through training.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Release Management
- Vendor Management
Desired Technical Skills:
- Profiles having networking experience in IT industry at any given point in their career will be preferred.
Typical Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years
- Any Graduate
- Engineering Graduate with MCSE, MCSA
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Self driven and motivated to achieve success
- Team Player
- Assertive in communication
Desirable: He/she has exposure to international customers especially with USA