What you get with SimpliDrive
SimpliDrive is a feature rich object storage solution that offers:
- Standard https protocol, upload, download, copy, move, rename or delete objects sizing anything from 1 KB to 5 GB over the internet.
- Unlimited objects that you can store
- Greater control using our embedded quota system, which means each user within your organization is assigned either a private container or a public container.
- Access Control: RBAC (Role Based Access Control) or authentication mechanisms can be configured such as to ensure that data is kept secured from unauthorized access, as all objects reside inside SimpliDrive’s RBAC (Role Based Access Control) enabled containers.
- Ability to classify an end-user container as either private or public. A private container is assigned to a single user whereas a public container is accessible by all the users within the account for collaboration.
- Data durability and availability as per SimpliDrive SLG.
Data Protection and Security Highlights
SimpliDrive grid is protected by hardware firewalls and further by RBAC for preventing unauthorized access to SimpliDrive infrastructure and your objects residing within your containers. Your data is protected from physical and logical failures by default.
SimpliDrive returns a COMMIT only after it has successfully written your object on 2 physically dispersedstorage nodes within an availability zone.On successful COMMIT it replicatesthe 3rdcopy to physically dispersed storage node within the availability zone. Your data is fully protected from up to 2storage layer failures.
While the distributed backend architecture enhances availability of your objects on SimpliDrive, the auto-healing capabilities enhance the durability of your data on to the object store.
SimpliDrive comes with various security features that allow you to control access to objects stored on SimpliDrive. It provides three different access control mechanisms:
- Role Base Access Control(RBAC);
- Container level Access Control Lists (ACL); and
- Time bound URL expiry.
RBAC comes as handy in cases of large enterprises where you need to create and manage multiple users or user groups under a single billing group / account.
Netmagic SimpliDrive comes with:
- 99.99999% data durability SLA; and
- 99.99% service availability in a calendar month
Make sure to read our SimpliDrive SLG (SimpliDrive Service Level Guarantee)
Data and Capacity Management
SimpliDrive is an ideal solution to your data management related nightmares. You can easily classify storage containers as per your departments or customers, etc as per your business requirement. Using SimpliDrive Management Console you can manage your contracted storage capacity and allocate / re-allocate storage to containers.You also get capabilities to mass delete your objects using SimpliDrive REST APIs.
By subscribing for SimpliDrive, you completely do away with needs of getting into capacity planning, monitoring and management. SimpliDrive comes on pay-as-you-grow model which means you can contract required amount of storage on monthly OPEX.
SimpliDrive protects you from the risk of an increased per GB / TB cost in an underutilized environment and also from ad-hoc purchase of expensive hardware in an emergency upgrade situation.