Netmagic powers value added services for a global leader in mobile device market
The client wanted to launch its data and mobility service for its customers in India with a vision to stay ahead of its competition and strengthen its position as a market leader in providing value added services. This would help the client to retain and expand its market share in the country and attain a first mover advantage. The company was looking for a managed IT hosting service provider who could host its data and mobility application/service in India.
As a global player with offices spread across the globe, the client hosted their applications in their own datacenters spread across six countries. The client did not want to invest in setting up and managing an additional datacenter in India. However, the guidelines issued by the Govt. of India for companies providing email and other Internet services on mobile devices to their customers in India make it mandatory for such companies to have a datacenter set up in the country or host these services locally with an Indian hosting services provider. To comply with this guideline, the client wanted to host its data and mobility service with a managed IT hosting services provider in India.
Netmagic offered the client the following services:
- Collocation Services –datacenter space of over3000sq ft.was allocated to the client in Netmagic’s datacenter
- A total of 80 racks and a dedicated Network Operations Center (NOC) manned by a team of 7 people including a project manager to respond to issues in real-time
- IP based PDUs for power usage monitoring and reporting
- Stringent & customized SLA’s (as per client’s requirements) mutually agreed on by both the parties
- 24x7 on site datacenter operations support for the client’s Network Operations Center (NOC) based out of United States (US) and United Kingdom (UK)
The client was able to derive significant benefits from its engagement with Netmagic Solutions as it’s managed IT hosting services provider. These include:
- High availability of the IT infrastructure with 99.99% uptime enabled the client to respond flexibly and quickly to customer demands and ensure a consistent customer experience
- Security of customer data as per the ISO 27001 guidelines alleviated concerns around data security and protection
- Data back-up and support services ensure speedy recovery of data and business continuity in case of any exigency
- Cost optimization and quick deployment of IT infrastructure helped the client in faster Go-To-Market (GTM) rollout
- Quick resolution of issues as a result of 24x7 monitoring and management services through Network Operations Center (NOC)
- The client could now focus on its growth and expansion plans without having to worry about the IT infrastructure to support them
The client is a world leader in mobile devices market and is one of the pioneers driving the transformation and the growth of the converging Internet and communication industries. With state of the art mobile devices and an impressive range of services, the client has a well-established footprint globally.
To stay ahead of competition from local handset manufacturers and other global competitors, the client wanted to launch its new value added Internet and mobility application/service for its customers in India. It wanted to attain a first mover advantage in order to retain and expand its market share.
Although, the client’s applications/services were hosted and managed by datacenters outside India, Indian laws mandated that companies offering email and other Internet services on mobile devices must host their application/service with a datacenter locally. As the client did not want to invest in setting up and managing a datacenter, they decided to look for a suitable managed IT hosting service provider who could meet their requirements and deliver as per expectations. The search ended with Netmagic Solutions - a leader in the datacenter and managed hosting solutions space in India with an impressive track record.
The reasons for choosing Netmagic as a service provider were many. Prominent among these were the involvement of the senior management team, flexible approach of Netmagic’s team, carrier neutrality, and quick response time. Physical access to the facility is restricted and requires Biometric authentication. The client has contracted a total of 80 racks for hosting its data and mobility service.
Netmagic has also assigned a dedicated Network Operations Center (NOC) manned by a team of 7 people consisting of a Project Manager and Engagement Managers to ensure timely project deployment and seamless operations. The client and Netmagic also signed off on mutually agreed stringent SLA for the project.
The client’s biggest challenge of complying with the Government of India guidelines is now met, as they successfully offer messaging services to clients in India. Netmagic’s colocation services offer them a completely secure environment along with high-availability and data backup. The client is satisfied with its choice of partner and the service levels experienced by them.
With its hosting needs taken care of, the client can now concentrate on its core business and expand its market share vis-à-vis competition by providing new and innovative services to its customers without having to worry about the backend infrastructure and availability.