The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) was set up by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India (GoI) in 1966. It was one of several Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) launched by the Indian Government, to boost the country’s export thrust, when India’s post-Independence economy began making forays in the international markets.
The GJEPC is a core pillar of the Indian gems and jewellery industry. Its members include more than 6,000 gems and jewellery exporters across the country. It is headquartered in Mumbai and has regional offices in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Surat and Jaipur which are the core centers of the industry in India.
What Was the Requirement?
GJEPC’s existing application environment was largely monolithic in nature with a large number of legacy components that made it difficult to scale and add new capabilities. It became imperative for GJEPC to move to a next-generation, scalable and highperformance ERP solution, and SAP S/4 was an ideal fit.
For its SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Hybris implementation, GJEPC needed to partner with an established managed hosting and cloud services provider with proven S/4 HANA deployment and management capabilities. GPEJC’s partner would be responsible for setting up, maintaining and managing all the necessary underlying environment for hosting the GJEPC entire DC-DR setup.
- Analysis of existing deployments and expectations in terms of service uptime / availability, performance,
- DR and reporting needs
- Implemented NTT Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India, SimpliHANA (for HANA workloads) and SimpliVPC (for non-HANA workloads)
- NTT Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India, SimpliVault for Backup-as-a-Service
- Managed services offerings for infrastructure, OS, storage, network and firewalls
- NTT Global Data Centers and Cloud Infrastructure, India, DRaaS for disaster recovery services